Selection of Journals for Indexing in IndMED
Aim of IndMED database is provide exposure to articles published in learned biomedical journals from India. The selection of journals for indexing in IndMED is done by "IndMED Journals Selection Committee(IJSC)". Presently, the IJSC has laid down the following preliminary criteria for selection of journals:
The final selection is done by IJSC in its meetings held from time to time. The journals selected for indexing should make permanent arrangement to send gratis copies for indexing purpose.
- Journal should be Peer-reviewed.
- Journal should be Published on time.
- Journal should be published atleast twice in a year.
- Journal should have started atleast three years prior to selection.
- Journal should follow the guidelines of International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (IJMJE - http://www.icmje.org/). Atleast the journal is expected to follow 'Vancouver System' for References and the 'IMRAD Research Paper Format' for presentation of Articles.
Submission of Journals for Selection in IndMED
If you are editor or publisher of a journal, you may contact us for getting it indexed in IndMED. Kindly submit information about the journal in the following downloadable Form. If your journal meets our criteria of indexing, it would be forwarded to IJSC for review and inclusion in IndMED.
Form for Selection of Journal for Indexing in IndMED
Mail the filled in Form along with copies of the journal and consent letter to:
(Bibliographic Informatics Division)
National Informatics Centre
A-Block, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road,
New Delhi - 110 003, India
Telephone : 91-11-24362359